Who is the Programme for?
This programme is for anyone who wishes to develop counselling skills and explore their own personal development. It is of particular value to people working in the caring professions and those whose work involves an element of counselling skills.
Entry to the Programme
There are no formal entry requirements for this programme. Applicants will normally be at least 18 years of age. Upon the receipt of your counselling application form you will be invited to attend an introductory talk.
When will I start the Programme?
The programme will start at various points throughout the year on a demand basis. There will be a choice of times when enrolling, either Wednesday am or Wednesday evening. Both classes will run on the basis that the same lesson will be delivered twice on the same day.
How long will it take?
The programme runs over 10 weeks.
What will I study?
The following areas will be studied:
- The professional context of counselling
- Therapeutic models of counselling
- Communication skills in helping relationships
- An introduction to personal development
- Develop self understanding
- Understand personal qualities relevant to the helping role.